What is Fractora?
Fractora is a Fractional Ablative Radiofrequency treatment with a deep needle based delivery system that can improve:
- Wrinkles – Fractionated Radiofrequency energy in this treatment is scientifically proven method to reduce wrinkles using a matrix of micro-pins to resurface and restore the skin.
- Skin Texture
- Skin Tone
- Acne Scars and Stretch Marks
- Youthful Appearance – Radiofrequency energy heats the deep layers of skin in a controlled way to revitalize the collagen.
What areas can be treated? How many treatments should be expected?
Face and body areas that have wrinkles, discoloration, or acne scarring are suitable for treatment. We recommend 3 to 6 treatment in order to see the best results!
Results can be seen immediately after the treatment, typically after two weeks the most noticeable results appear and improvements will continue up to three months after treatments.
Call now to set up a consultation to see if you are a good candidate for Fractora!
What is Micro-Needling?
Micro-needling uses sterile surgical micro needles to stimulate the dermis. Needles vertically pierce the skin to enhance rejuvenation results. The proliferation of the body’s tissue continues to release growth factors.
What are some of the outcomes of Micro-Needling?
– increases skin thickness by producing more collagen
– improves skin tone
– reduces fine lines and wrinkles
– prepares skin for a deeper targeted facial treatment
– acne scar revision
Who can benefit from Micro-Needling?
-Everyone! Micro-Needling can treat all skin types and skin tone.
Our team of specialists will determine which peel is best for your skin type. The Goco Center for Aesthetics has a variety of peels to offer: Obagi Blue, Glycolic, Lactic, Mandelic, TCA, Jessners, and Salicylic. We use only pharmaceutical grade peels from Glytone, Skin Medica and VI Peel. Chemical Peels can be even more effective by adding a Dermaplane to the procedure.
The beauty of the Clear and Brilliant is that the results are visible, the treatment is comfortable, there is virtually no downtime and it is both preventative and corrective. Clear and Brilliant takes skin to a whole new level, to not only correct unwanted signs of aging, but give you the power to help prevent them.
- Visibly illuminated skin tone
- Renewed ultra-soft and smoother texture to skin
- Improved tone, texture, and radiance
Clear and Brilliant helps you to recover the glow of younger looking skin.
- Comfortable, fast, effective, and affordable
- Prevent signs of aging of maintain younger looking skin.
- NO downtime
- Safe for all skin types
Clear and Brilliant is a gentle laser that refreshes your skin from the inside out. The laser energy creates millions of microscopic treatment zones in your skin, replacing damaged skin with healthy, younger looking tissue. The number of treatments is customized for your concerns and skincare desires.
We at Goco Center for Aesthetics have found that in addition to Clear and Brilliant being a safe, effective and affordable treatment for women and is perfect for men as well. It is a treatment that can be preformed over lunch and it is not noticeable when going back to the office.
Dermaplane uses a highly specialized disposable instrument that is designed specifically for removing the outermost layer of dead skin cells and the layer of vellous hair that often cover the face, commonly known as “peach fuzz”.
Dermaplaning immediately rejuvenates the skin. Exfoliation by Dermaplane leaves the skin smooth, supple, and vibrant. Dermaplaning can also be highly effective in minimizing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars, because the removal of this skin barrier allows for better penetration of products. The Dermaplane has been used as a prep tool to enhance the effectiveness of other treatments. It is especially effective before a chemical peel.
Dermaplaning treatment is extremely safe when performed by a professionally trained skin care specialist. Dermaplaning is non-invasive, quick and easy.
This is a basic facial customized for individual skin types. The Deep Cleansing Facial can address specific skin types and skin conditions.
One facial with Gail and I knew I had made a friend! She has advised me through thick and thin. Gail got my complexion ready before my face lift. I had two major surgeries days apart. She wiped my tears. As soon as I was able to really hobble, Gail was my first stop. We have before and after photos to prove her success. My pain and wrinkles are disappearing before my very eyes! I need to have the Fraxel that Gail says will work! I’m going to do it. Can’t wait! I’ll stick my head in the oven for Gail. She understands that I am 65 and my heart says 50 to 55. I need to look like I feel! She can help you too! My kinda gal! LA
WHAT IS FRAXEL DUAL?
Fraxel Dual is the most popular Fraxel treatment, is a safe, non-invasive laser skin treatment that can resurface damaged skin and uncover the skin of your youth – all with minimal impact on your daily routine. Unlike the original Fraxel Re:Store, the Fraxel Dual can treat many concerns at one time. Now, hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, and texture can be treated all at once. It only takes 2 to 3 treatments to correct your dark spots.
WHAT MAKES YOUR SKIN LOOK OLDER?
Over the years, your skin is exposed to sun, air pollution, stress, fatigue and lifestyle factors such as smoking, which can affect your skin’s texture, color and tightness.
Your skin contains two proteins, collagen and elastin, which keep your skin youthful and tight. But as you age and get more sun exposure, those proteins break down faster than your body can rebuild them. As a result, your skin may start to sag and show damage like wrinkles, deep lines or sun spots.
WHAT DOES FRAXEL DUAL DO?
- Fraxel Dual laser uses patented technology to target aging and sun damaged skin with microscopic laser columns that penetrate deep into the skin.
- The laser treats only a fraction of tissue at a time, leaving the surrounding tissue intact, with promotes rapid healing.
- This stimulates your body’s own natural healing process, replacing the old and damaged cells with fresh, glowing, healthy skin.
THE FRAXEL DUAL PROCEDURE
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT ON THE DAY OF TREATMENT?
- After cleansing your skin, anesthetic ointment is applied 60-90 minutes prior to treatment.
- You may also receive other medications as the doctor prescribes.
- The treatment takes approximately 20-25 minutes for a full face, but your total appointment will be scheduled for 3.5 to 4 hours.
- The anesthetic is completely removed and post-treatment cooling begins.
DOES IT HURT?
- Most patients describe an increased sensation of heat during the treatment.
- To minimize discomfort, a topical anesthetic agent is applied before the procedure and cold air is used on the treatment area during the procedure.
- After the treatment, most patients feel like they have a sunburn, which usually diminishes in 1 to 3 hours.
IS IT SAFE?
As with any laser treatment, there are some potential side effects. The most common effects are swelling and redness, which are typically minimal and subside quickly. Other side effects may include:
- Minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking
- Bronzed skin appearance
- Risk of infection or scarring
The intensity and duration of side effects depend on the aggressiveness of treatment and on your particular healing characteristics.
WHAT WILL I LOOK LIKE AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- During the first 24 hours after treatment, your skin may feel as though it is sunburned and will appear pink or red. You may wear makeup-up to reduce this sunburned appearance.
- Your skin will naturally bronze over in the next week or two. As you continue treatment, the sunburned-to-bronzed appearance will repeat after each treatment.
- As with a sunburn, your skin will flake and exfoliate normally. Use a moisturizer to reduce the appearance of dry flakes as instructed.
IS THERE SPECIAL POST TREATMENT CARE?
- Your Aesthetician will recommend a soothing product for a few days after the treatment. Generally, most patients return to their normal routine within 2-5 days.
- You will be able to put on your make-up and continue your skincare regimen, using mild products for the first few days.
- We recommend wearing sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher and avoiding direct sun exposure for at least 3 months after your last treatment.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Clinical studies suggest that on average, an effective treatment regimen is 2 to 5 sessions spaced about 3 to 4 weeks apart.
- 2-3 treatments for hyperpigmentation.
- 4-5 treatments for Anti-Aging.
WHEN DO THE RESULTS APPEAR AND HOW LONG DO THEY LAST?
The results for Fraxel Dual are both immediate and progressive.
- Soon after the treatment, the surface of your skin will feel softer, look brighter and show more even tone.
- The next 3 to 6 months will bring more improvement as the deeper layers of the skin continue to heal.
- Results can last for years depending on your age and skin condition.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE?
- Mild to moderate skin damage
- Irregular texture
- Age spots / sun spots
- Acne / surgical scars
- Age 35+ (for optimum results)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- Smoother, fresher, younger looking skin
- Improved tone and texture
- Erasing of unwanted brown spots
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Improved appearance of acne scars and surgical scars
Pulsed light technology is a quick treatment that helps to remove hyperpigmentation or sun spots with little to no downtime.
- The amount of treatments vary for each individual. If can take anywhere from 3 to 6 treatments for desired results.
- IPL can be done on most body areas.
The Laser Genesis Rejuvenation Facial addresses skin conditions common to the aging process and the result is a healthier, longer, and younger-looking complexion. Clinical effects such as reduced wrinkles, diminished pore size, reduction in erythema and improved skin texture are all possible with this “Cutera exclusive” technology. This facial is a comfortable procedure with no downtime.
Why are Lasers a Better Solution than Traditional Hair-Removal Systems?
Traditional hair-removal techniques, such as shaving, tweezing, and waxing, provide only temporary results. Electrolysis, although it can result in lessening hair growth, often requires years of ongoing and frequently painful treatments. Allergic reactions and ingrown hairs are common side effects of all these hair-removal methods. The laser safely removes unwanted facial and body hair by selectively targeting the pigment inside the hair shafts and sufficiently heating the pigment to destroy the hair follicles without damaging the delicate pores and structures of the skin.
What Is Involved in the Process?
The skin can be numbed before the laser pulses are applied, and the laser’s handpiece also cools the skin during lasering. Most people experience no more than a slight stinging sensation as the laser pulses are applied. Some parts of the body do tend to be more sensitive than others, and sometimes slight redness or swelling will occur for a few hours afterwards.
How Many Sessions Are Needed?
The number of sessions will vary for each individual and will also depend upon where the hair is located on the body. During the initial procedure, the laser removes the visible hair and disables those follicles in the “active” phase of the growth cycle. Follicles in the “resting” phase will not be affected. Eventually, as these dormant hairs become active and begin to grow, additional sessions may be desired. Over time, hair growth is greatly diminished. Razor bumps typically improve dramatically with only one or two sessions.
Preparation for Laser Hair Removal
Have one to two day’s hair growth so that the areas that require treatment are easily recognizable. If not, it may be difficult to pinpoint all areas needing treatment. Your technician will need to shave the hair to skin level with a razor as necessary. Do not wax or tweeze for 5 weeks prior to first treatment.
For hair removal on the face, please do not use (or make sure that you wash off) all makeup prior to treatment.
If you are currently on the medicine Accutane or Gold Therapy or have been in the past six months, please let us know. These medications make your skin more susceptible to damage from the laser.
Generally, it is best to wait for 4 to 6 weeks between treatments. There is no advantage to schedule your visits closer together even if you do not see immediate results. The laser only targets hair in the growth phase. The next growth phase will be in 4 to 6 weeks. Do not wax or tweeze between treatments.
Hi, Sarah. Sorry I didn’t get back with you. I was out of town for the weekend. I had no problems at all with the treatment. Thanks for making what could have been very awkward not bad at all. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks again! K
Lymphatic Drainage Massage (LDM) is a gentle, rhythmic style of massage that mimics the action of the lymphatic system, using precise rhythm and pressure techniques to reduce swelling and edema. Edema is an accumulation of fluid in soft tissues.
In addition to improving fluid flow, LDM is very relaxing. The method’s slow, gentle, repetitive movements reduce the body’s stress.
LDM may be used before and after surgery, including cosmetic surgery, to speed healing and reduce bruising and swelling. Before surgery, LDM helps to remove stagnant fluid from tissues and to increase blood flow, which brings important nutrients to the tissues. Because it is so deeply relaxing, it can lessen stress and anxiety. After surgery, LDM can help to remove inflammation, speed healing, and reduce scar tissue.
LDM should never be performed after surgery without the approval of the physician. After surgical procedures, Dr. Goco may direct your aesthetician to perform lymphatic drainage massage to reduce any swelling, increase comfort, and minimize the bruising. At the end of the session, swelling should be reduced, bruising less visible, and you will feel very relaxed.
Microdermabrasion is a non-chemical, non-surgical exfoliating procedure for rejuvenating and maintaining the skin’s appearance. This treatment stimulates cells deep below the surface by exfoliating with micro crystals, revealing smoother, softer skin. It provides a great exfoliation and a healthy glow for any event. Crystal-less microdermabrasion is also available.
What is the Thermage procedure?
Thermage is a safe, non-invasive, radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure that’s clinically proven to help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger looking appearance. The treatment delivers natural looking results with little to no downtime—on all skin colors, on and off the face, all in a single procedure.
What parts of the body does Thermage treat?
Thermage procedures can effectively and safely treat skin on most body parts, including the face, eyes, lips, tummy, arms, hands, thighs and buttocks. Thermage can also temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite.
What conditions does Thermage treat?
On the face, Thermage can treat sagging skin, loose jowls, lack of definition in the jaw line, sagging neck skin (“turkey neck”), wrinkles and fine lines, and lack of definition in the lips. Around the eyes, Thermage can treat under eye bags, hooding, rough texture on the eyelids, wrinkles and fine lines, and other contributors to tired looking eyes. Elsewhere on the body, Thermage can treat wrinkled, crepey or sagging skin as well as the appearance of cellulite.
How many treatments will I need?
Unlike many laser procedures requiring four or more sessions, Thermage treatment delivers results in a single treatment for most patients. In fact, when it comes to skin tightening and contouring with little to no downtime, Thermage is the only single treatment, non-invasive procedure on the market.
How long is the treatment? How long is the treatment?
Thermage treatments average about 90 minutes for the face and body. Typically the appointment will be scheduled for 3 hours to include time for photos and medication if needed. Since Thermage is a single treatment, it fits into your busy lifestyle.
Is there any special preparation or follow-up regime?
No. Unlike surgery, there is no pre-procedure preparation such as blood work or fasting. And there is no special care required after treatment, aside from basic skin maintenance and sunscreens as part of a regular skincare regimen. Since the Thermage procedure has little to no downtime, most patients return to their regular activities immediately following treatment. Some patients exhibit a temporary redness or minor swelling after treatment, but this usually goes away within 24 hours. Patients will need to discontinue all forms of Vitamin A, such as Retrinal, Retinal, and Tretinoin for one week prior to treatment.
How does Thermage treatment work?
Thermage uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep, collagen rich layers of your skin. The heat helps tighten existing collagen and stimulate the formation of new collagen, which reduces sagging, renews contours, and improves the smoothness and texture of the skin’s surface.
How is Thermage technology different from other tightening procedures?
Unlike some other procedures, Thermage involves no surgery, no injections and little to no downtime, and Thermage works on all skin colors—on and off the face. While laser treatments and other radiofrequency procedures also tighten skin, no other treatment heats as deeply as Thermage. By heating the innermost layers of skin, Thermage is the most effective at tightening collagen and stimulating the formation of new collagen, which results in tighter skin and an overall younger looking appearance.
How do Thermage results compare with those of other treatments?
Some people want the dramatic results of surgery. Others want the more subtle, gradual results of a non-invasive treatment with no downtime. This is where Thermage succeeds, delivering improved skin tone, texture and tightness. When lotions and potions are not enough and surgery is too much, Thermage is a safe, effective solution.
When do the results appear, and how long do they last?
Visible results may be immediate, and they may appear over time in the course of your body’s natural collagen rebuilding process. For most patients, measurable tightening and contouring appear gradually in the four to six months following a single treatment session. Results can last years depending on your skin condition and aging process. The results will never “wear off,” another treatment may be desired since we all age.
What does the Thermage procedure feel like?
It is typically hot, but tolerable. The heating sensation is a sign that the deep layers of your skin are reaching effective temperatures for tightening. Throughout the procedure, your physician will ask for feedback on the level of heat sensation to help balance your comfort with maximum results.
How much does the Thermage procedure cost?
It depends on the areas being treated. In the U.S., the price of a face procedure may range from $1,000 to $5,000. Your physician will discuss fees during the consultation.
What FDA clearances does Thermage have?
Thermage is FDA cleared for the non-invasive treatment of wrinkles and temporary improvement in the appearance of cellulite. In addition, Thermage is the first and only system to receive FDA clearance for non-invasive eyelid treatments.
The Vi Peel is designed to be used three to four times a year to help reverse and prevent the signs of aging and sun damage on the skin. The VI Peel contains a synergistic blend of powerful and effective ingredients suitable for all skin types.
Who can benefit from a Vi Peel?
Anyone who wants younger looking, healthier skin will benefit from the peel.
The Vi Peel will:
- improve tone, texture and clarity of skin
- reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles and hyper pigmentation, including melasma
- reduce the appearance of pore size
- soften lines and wrinkles
- stimulate the production of collagen and elastin for firmer skin
- clear acne skin conditions
The Vi Peel represents a new generation of peels unlike any others you might
have experienced, offering:
- superior results – for anti-aging Vi Peel reverses the effects of sun damage, environmental factors and time to enhance your skin’s natural beauty. In addition to facial treatments, the Vi Peel can also be used to treat sun damage on the décolletage and hands.
- comfort – The peel is virtually painless. Sensitive individuals may experience a slight stinging sensation for a very short time during application, which is controlled by use of a fan.
- convenience – Your treatment takes only 20 minutes or less. No skin preparation products are needed and minimal or no down time is required. Healing time is also minimal – enjoy younger looking, more beautiful skin in about one week.
For even more dramatic results, try the Vi Peel Precision!
The Precision Peel is made from the same synergistic blend of ingredients as the VI Peel, but at a higher concentration, for a peel that is about 25% stronger than a VI Peel. Precision is an excellent addition for treating stubborn hyper pigmentation including melasma, actinic keratosis and age spots on hands, arms or chest. The Precision Peel is to be used in conjunction with the VI Peel.
An In-Depth Look at Your Skin With VISIA Complexion Analysis
Posted Friday, June 08, 2012 by Anjelle Ruppe, Contributing Writer
Even if your skin looks good when you check it in the mirror, there might be problems lurking that you can’t see with the naked eye. Sure, you might notice some wrinkles or a blemish, but VISIA Complexion Analysis offers a much more in-depth look at your skin.
The VISIA system’s multi-spectral imaging and analysis provides a clear, multi-dimensional portrait of the individual aspects of your complexion with a focus on areas of the face that are prone to wrinkles, age and dark spots, pore size, skin tone and color variation, porphyrins (bacteria in your pores), UV spots and sun damage.
The system uses a camera to send high-quality close-upphotographs of your skin to a high-speed computer. It then calculates the results of both the standard and UV photos taken by means of analysis software that grades the individual’s skin features relative to others of the same sex, age and ethnicity.
And while it might sound frightening to see up-close images of your skin, this analysis does allow skin care professionals to personalize treatments that target your specific skin problems. After all, not one person’s skin is alike.
If you’re interested in getting an up-close look at your complexion, call to schedule a consultation.
Visia Complexion Analysis
The Visia Complexion Analysis booth has a camera unit which sends high quality photographs of the forehead and each cheek to a high speed computer with analysis software. It then evaluates eight different features. It will highlight and count the feature and in some categories it will compare to 100 individuals your age, with your skin type, and calculate a percentile. It has the ability to zoom in to evaluate an area if desired. The results are saved in the computer for a progress check at a later date and can be printed out for you to take home
1. SPOTS – Brown or red skin lesions including freckles, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation and vascular lesions. Spots are distinguishable by their distinct color and contrast from the background skin tone. Spots very in size and generally have a circular shape.
2. UV SPOTS – UV spots occur when melanin coagulates below the skin surface as a result of sun damage. UV spots are generally invisible under normal lighting conditions. The selective absorption of the UV light by the epidermal melanin enhances its display and detection by VISIA.
3. BROWN SPOTS – Brown spots signal melanin concentrations on or beneath the skin. They represent various forms of hyper-pigmentation such as sun damage or melasma.
4. RED AREAS – Red Areas represent blood, or hemoglobin. The display shows where there are sub-surface vascular conditions such as spider veins, rosacea or acne.
5. WRINKLES – Wrinkles are furrows, folds or creases in the skin that increase in occurrence as a result of sun exposure, and are associated with decreasing skin elasticity. This skin feature has the greatest variability from image to image as it is highly dependent upon the facial expression of the client. Wrinkles are identified by their characteristic long, narrow shape.
6. TEXTURE – Texture is primarily an analysis of skin smoothness. Texture measures skin color and smoothness by identifying gradiations in color from the surrounding skin tone, as well as peaks (shown in yellow) and valleys (shown in blue) on the skin surface that indicate variations in the surface.
7. PORES – Pores are the circular surface openings of sweat gland ducts. Due to shadowing, pores appear darker than the surrounding skin tone and are identified by their darker color and circular shape. The Visia distinguishes pores from spots based on size; by definition the area of a pore is much smaller than a spot.
8. PORPHYRINS – Porphyrins are bacterial excretions that can become lodged in pores and lead to acne. Porphyrins fluoresce in UV light and exhibit circular white spot characteristics.
9. AGING SIMULATION – This graphically represents the effect that time will have on your skin in approximately 5-7 years without treatment.